5 DELICIOUS SNACKS GOOD FOR TEETH AND GUMS / Dentist Kanata
Hunger can arrive at the most inconvenient time and at that time making a healthy choice can be a challenge. As with any other meal of the day, healthy snacking requires some planning. This list of snacks will keep hunger at bay during those odd hunger pangs. It is pertinent to know what to look for in a healthy snack. For example, if your snack may sit in a hot car for hours, then you likely don’t want anything perishable. Have an intense workout session coming up? You might want something more substantial. If you typically eat your snacks on-the-go, then you’ll want to find something quick, easy, and portable. No matter whether you have a little or a lot of time for snacking, here’s a list of five healthy foods that you can have at any time of the day. The below-given list of foods and drinks is best for your teeth.
- Granola bars: Granola bars consist of granola mixed with honey or other sweetened syrup, pressed and baked into a bar shape. These tasty snack bars are perfect for those odd hunger pangs. They are healthy, tasty, and also free from artificial sweeteners and sugars, which means you don’t have to worry about facing dental problems if you gorge on them.
- Fruits: Fruits are one of the best foods and drinks for your teeth. You should stick with whole, nutrient-rich foods like fruit. You can pair apples or bananas with peanut butter or almond butter to make them tastier. Fruits help clean plaque from teeth and freshen your breath.
- Yogurt with fruit: Fruits can also be mixed with yogurt for that perfect health-conscious alternative. This is a very delicious combination for breakfast. You should however avoid yogurt added with sugars or artificial sweeteners as much as possible as that can affect your gums and eventually teeth falling. You can try buying regular yogurt then sweeten it yourself using maple syrup or honey to keep it healthier for teeth and gums.
- Roasted chickpeas: Chickpeas are rich in protein and fiber. Fiber keeps you full for longer and protein helps to satiate hunger. When roasted, chickpeas turn golden in color, become crunchy, and addictive. Chickpeas contain folic acid which keeps your mouth healthy. This means your teeth and gums will always be healthy.
- Green smoothies: Smoothies are an excellent way to sneak in tons of nutrients and protein, plus they’re cool, creamy, and ultra-satisfying. Smoothies that contain apples or avocados act as an astringent, hence they kill the bacteria in your and whiten your teeth. Depending on the recipe, the calories can add up more quickly than you’d expect, so make sure you check the portion sizing.
Despite eating healthy, our teeth are susceptible to cavities, decaying, etc. During such times, seeing a dentist is the best thing to do. Even after eating healthy foods and snacks, if you face dental problems, Kanata Highlands Dental is there for you to provide all dental services. If in the Kanata area, do swing by to see the host of services that are on offer with the help of experienced dentists.
5 DELICIOUS SNACKS GOOD FOR TEETH AND GUMS