In-Home Oral Healthcare Tips
Looking for the best dentist in Kanata?
At Kanata Highlands Dental we continuously work on our services and facilities to enhance your comfort and lessen your pain during dental treatments.
We offer many services ranging from dental bonding to filling to teeth whitening along with root canal, veneers, Clear Aligners, and Dental Braces in Kanata.
In-home oral healthcare tips
- Oral Hygiene Health tips
For a healthy smile, practicing good oral hygiene every day is a must. Brushing after the meals, using anti-microbial mouthwash, and flossing at least once every day helps to keep these disease-causing bacteria from reproducing in your mouth and causing tooth decay.
These are sometips for good oral hygiene:
- Use a fluoride toothpaste - Fluoride is a leading defense against tooth decay. It works by fighting the germs that can lead to decay, as well as provides a protective barrier for your teeth.
- Don’t neglect your tongue - Plaque can also lead to building upon your tongue. This leads to bad mouth odor, and also can lead to other oral health problems. Brushing your tongue every time you brush your teeth is good for oral health.
- Consider mouthwash - It reduces the amounts of acid in the mouth, helps clean hard-to-brush areas in and around the gums, and even re-mineralizes the teeth. a mouthwash is particularly helpful for children and older people, as for them the ability to brush and floss may not be convenient. (It is advised to ask your dentist for specific mouthwash recommendations).
- Drink more water - Water always proves to be the best beverage for your overall health including oral health as this helps wash out some of the bad effects of sticky and acidic foods and beverages in between the brushes.
- Reduce sugary and acidic foods - Sugar eventually converts into acid in the mouth, which may then erode the enamel of your teeth. These acids lead to cavities. Teas, coffee, and Acidic fruits can also wear down tooth enamel.
- See your dentist at least thrice a year - Your everyday habits are crucial to your overall oral health. At least, you should see your dentist for cleanings and check-ups twice a year. The dentists not only can remove calculus and look for cavities but also, they can spot potential issues and offer treatment solutions.
Take care of your oral health and maintain your smile.
Want to experience the world-class dentistry in Ottawa?
Come to Kanata highlands dental. We are your 24-hour dental clinic for emergency cases.
If you are having or likely to have any kind of cracks, chips, gaps, or stains on your teeth then put an end to your search for the best dental clinic in Ottawa by reaching out to us.
For any query or detailed information or for booking an appointment with Dr. Maneet Ahlawat at Kanata Highlands Dental for cosmetic dentistry procedures, connect with us today at(613) 270-1001andBOOK your FREEdental implants consultation.
Contact us and today and get personal case-specific details from Dr. Maneet Ahlawat at Kanata Highlands Dental Care.